The Firmware Engineer will develop, test, and support embedded systems for real-time data collection. The Firmware Engineer you will get exposed to all aspects of the business and have a chance to leverage the benefits of a small, cohesive, cross-functional team. The person holding the position will report to our Head of Software and Firmware - US.
- Design and implement real-time embedded data collection systems for physiological signal processing
- Design and implement embedded systems to interface with a central Cloud Infrastructure
- Select, bring-up, and benchmark new IC’s/technologies that can benefit our product offerings (e.g. sensors, MPUs, memory, wireless capabilities, etc...)
- Design and implement prototype systems for our R&D group
- Implement algorithms in C/C++ (compression, encryption, general signal processing)
- Optimize/Productize firmware for commercial deployment
- Maintain existing firmware libraries (and tests) for our hardware platforms
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Significant experience (3 or more years) in embedded C environment.
- Deep understanding of limitations of embedded systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop reusable firmware code and provide examples of when code was reused, can describe best practices of firmware development that lead to stable and reusable code
- Evaluated a new MPU, IC or sensor, clearly defined requirements for selection by communicating with product or technical owners, and contributed to decision making when selecting components of a HW product
- Experience designing and implementing firmware for real-time, embedded, data collection systems
- Experience implementing custom drivers for: sensors/actuators, DACs, ADCs, ASICs etc...
- Demonstrated experience taking firmware code through different stages of the product life cycle
- Fluent in C/C++, Real-time OS, and Version Control (Git, svn, etc.)
- Experience with computer architectures and knowledge of signal processing
- Experience with SPI, I2C, USB
- Experience with repeated ownership for developing and validating a firmware module written in C a plus.
- Experience recommending and presenting to decision makers a plus.
- Ability to quickly adapt and respond to job, environmental, and industry changes.
- Independent - can learn and gain new knowledge on his own.
- Must be able to communicate effectively & maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle several tasks and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Able to work longer hours or after hours to support company needs if they arise.
- Travel up to 10%.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum eight years’ experience operating in a small team working with embedded systems (start-up or research team)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to sit – perhaps at long intervals of time
- The employee is required to work on computer for long intervals
- The employee is required to talk on the phone for long intervals
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Itamar is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
About Itamar Medical:
Itamar® Medical, Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of Itamar® Medical Ltd. We are pioneers in creating and developing the PAT® signal technology which provides a non-invasive window to the cardiovascular and autonomic nervous system, allowing the monitoring and measurement of critical patient information such as sleep disorders and cardiovascular health. The company’s US Headquarters is based in Atlanta, GA. Established in 1997, Itamar® Medical Ltd., is a public (TASE\NASDAQ: ITMR), rapidly-growing medical technology company building its presence and footprint in multiple medical disciplines.
WatchPAT is an FDA- cleared portable diagnostic device that uniquely uses finger-based physiology and innovative technology to enable simple and accurate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) testing while avoiding the complexity and discomfort associated with traditional air-flow based systems.
You have a unique opportunity to work with a world leader in the cardiology/electrophysiology medical field.
To apply, click here
USA Director of HR