The Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) is responsible for developing and maintaining mega-account relationships and management of those relationships in relation to Itamar Medical products and services, along with the Regional Sales Managers. The position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, and where possible, identifying and expanding opportunities to increase utilization and revenue. The CSS will also be responsible for passing information to Clinical Technical Specialists and Regional Sales Managers regarding what facilities, physicians and/or staff need medical education and/or misc. trainings.
Clinical Sales Specialists engage in clinical selling activities, including delivering the clinical value proposition, advancing customers across a brand belief continuum.
Responsibilities/Duties include, but are not limited to:
Sales & Marketing Support:
- Act as the Client’s Lead for ongoing strong account implementations (which are technically supported by the CTS)
- Stay abreast of current trending and act as the “subject matter expert” to the Facility/HealthCare provider and staff
- Establish professional working relationships with Health Care Providers (GE, MLP, IM, Nurse), decision makers, support staff, and influencers within assigned customers, to support the use of the company's products - through developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills.
- Develop and deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, utilizing approved marketing materials and medical reprints to support the patients, and discuss therapeutic strategies to inform and influence decision makers.
- Assist other Itamar staff in client efforts including but not limited to: marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with company team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business results.
- Serve as a successful and effective Itamar representative to physicians and support staff regarding Itamar products, service and support.
- Responsible for social networking, cold calls and other methods in order to source new sales opportunities.
- Meet with existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) by traveling to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how Itamar Medical’s products can help them to achieve their goals.
- Coordinate potential customer product evaluations and demonstrations with Itamar Region Sales Managers & CSS management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with healthcare personnel to make new contacts in other departments within the hospital and to identify key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints with a sense of urgency regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
- Assist in giving clinical presentations and provide support at trade shows, seminars and/or outside symposiums.
- Understand national, regional and territory sales objectives of Regional Sales Managers and overall Company goals
- Communicate daily with Itamar colleagues any new developments in the marketplace (competitive, product, customer, training needs, needs, wants, wins/losses, etc...)
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
Reporting and Administration:
- Update Regional Sales Managers and Clinical Technical Specialists along with other current/new staff positions concerning productivity and notify them immediately regarding issues or problems requiring follow-up.
- Communicate to Clinical Technical Specialists and Regional Sales Managers which facilities/physicians/staff need new and/or additional training and/or tech support.
- Submit all required reports on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Successful proven track record with sales projects, assignments and providing clinical and relationship management support to physicians and staff.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Outstanding ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Possess above average communication skills in order to keep the circle of RMS’s, CTS’ and customer updated with current account information, needs and wants.
- Familiarity with clinical reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures is highly desirable.
- Experience working with VA hospitals and the VA System and or large managed care organizations (i.e, Kaiser) helpful.
- Ability to make good business judgments and decisions in relationship to efficiency, effectiveness.
- Remain within assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise.
- Travel is required – ability to travel 50% or more
- Two years minimum of CRM or SalesForce.
- Above average proficiency in MS Office
Special Position Requirements:
- Represent Itamar Medical Inc. in a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude and exhibit patience with customer concerns or requests
- Follow all company policies regarding travel, expenses, meetings, and meals in timely manner
- Self-driven to optimize performance without the need for extensive supervision
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Exhibit excellent presentation skills in small and large groups situations
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to evaluate a situation and prioritize factors in decision making
- Flexible: able to follow directives and accomplish tasks outside of normal duties
- Ability to exceed accuracy and productivity goal
- Understanding of terminology and ability to share and communicate effectively within a group
- Ability to work with many different customers from varying backgrounds
- Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships
- BA/BS Degree in Cardiovascular, Life Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Exercise Physiology or Nursing
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ work experience in medical device or related field; Cardiovascular or Pharma preferred
- Hospital/clinic-based support preferred
- Completion of an accredited program/degree in respiratory care preferred
Itamar is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
About Itamar Medical:
ZOLL Itamar Medical, Inc. are pioneers in creating and developing the PAT® signal technology which provides a non-invasive window to the cardiovascular and autonomic nervous system, allowing the monitoring and measurement of critical patient information such as sleep disorders and cardiovascular health. The company’s US Headquarters is based in Atlanta, GA. ZOLL Itamar Medical Ltd., rapidly-growing medical technology company building its presence and footprint in multiple medical disciplines.
WatchPAT is an FDA- cleared portable diagnostic device that uniquely uses finger-based physiology and innovative technology to enable simple and accurate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) testing while avoiding the complexity and discomfort associated with traditional air-flow based systems.
You have a unique opportunity to work with a world leader in the cardiology/electrophysiology medical field.
To apply, click here
USA Director of HR