The position will be responsible for the coordination and growth of our reimbursement initiatives. To be successful in this position, the person must be able to handle both the tactical level (i.e. help RSM’s and providers) as well as understand and contact payers on a higher level of reimbursement discussions. You will work closely and in coordination with our sales organization, leadership team and Regional Sales Managers, as well as other field professionals. It reports into the VP Strategic Planning & Health Economics.
To apply, click here
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand and follow reimbursement guidelines and policies to include timely updates and communicate changes that affect reimbursement to management.
- Keep track of payers’ policies and if they accept our products.
- Monitor and analyze payer’s policies and provide published data to company relevant staff.
- Provide data in order to address reimbursement challenges.
- Contact and negotiate with insurance company to handle denials as well as policy issues.
- Point of contact for field agents (RSMs) and others when they need to understand coverage issues, or once they encounter a reimbursement problem.
- Lead the reimbursement efforts on the Tactical level.
- Address denials (why and how to solve).
- Educate providers (what to do to be reimbursed).
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with company needs
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proven experience dealing with insurance companies and payors.
- Experience in Cardiovascular or Sleep Apnea required
- Experience with reimbursement of medical devices – preferred.
- Proven negotiating and customer relationship management skills with the ability to navigate a complex process.
- Ability to effectively manage assigned accounts in terms of problem resolution and business planning.
- Proven effective verbal, computer, written and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt and respond to job, environmental, and industry changes.
- Strong customer service skills, with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively & maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Travel up to 10%.
- BS Degree in a health-related or similar field
- 5+ years of reimbursement or comparable experience
- Professional Coding Certification Required
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
About Itamar Medical
Itamar Medical Ltd is a medical technology company focused on the development, marketing and sales of diagnostic products based on its proprietary PAT platform technology, developed by a team of leading clinicians in sleep medicine and cardiology together with biomedical engineers and physicists.
WatchPAT is an FDA- cleared portable diagnostic device that uniquely uses finger-based physiology and innovative technology to enable simple and accurate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) testing while avoiding the complexity and discomfort associated with traditional air-flow based systems.
You have a unique opportunity to work with a world leader in the cardiology/electrophysiology medical field.
To apply, click here or contact:
USA Director of HR