ZOLL Medical is a growing, innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency. With customers in more than 140 countries, we continue to expand our reach, as well as our product offerings. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service. ZOLL products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest. From Real CPR Help® technology—an industry first—to the world’s only wearable defibrillator, our capabilities and features set us apart. But none of this would be possible without the motivation and dedication of ZOLL employees, and we’re invested in their success.
What you will find at ZOLL: Strong leadership, ability to collaborate with your customers
& colleagues while sharing ideas and solutions. This role will be visible on many levels of the organization and allow you to lead and support your business. Ability to learn and grow within the organization while taking on new and routinely changing projects.
About this role: As Business Information Security Officer, you will develop a deep understanding of a Divisional line of business to gain specialized knowledge to support information security risk-based decision making. This close partnership will ensure a focus on the right risk priorities and ensuring timely delivery of security services. You will also provide guidance on information security topics, policies, controls, and support adoption of new projects, security tools and processes.
You will work closely with ZOLL Divisional IT and Business unit (Itamar Medical) to carry out ZOLL’s information security strategy. You will use your soft skills to help implement a set of security standards and best practices for the organization and your past technical and security skills to recommend security enhancements to management as needed. Your functions will include:
Consulting, Risk Management, and Advising
Ensure timely consulting and advising business groups, projects teams and individuals on translating cyber security policies and standards into requirements, ensuring effective cyber security/technology risk management and appropriate control and compliance activities. Develop relationships, participate in project planning meetings, and ensure proper level of security advisory and assessment occur to support the business. This includes assistance with industry audits, response and management of audit findings
You must constantly monitor their organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Monitor systems and alerts that helps to notify of intrusions and watch out for irregular system behavior. Tailored Risk reporting must be created and presented to leadership and technical stakeholders
Information Security Planning
You will help plan and carry out Divisional risk reduction by building relationships with Divisional IT and Business partners. They advocate for standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements to management as needed. They develop strategies to remediate vulnerabilities and reduce organizational risk while ensuring timely security service delivery to support Divisional strategic goals and projects. Engage Enterprise Cybersecurity teams where additional subject matter expertise is needed in support of Divisional priorities.
Help Implement Safeguards
You will use strong project management skills to support the implementation of security capabilities, such as data encryption programs, antivirus, and data loss prevention solutions to protect organizations’ sensitive information. Assisting users with installation or implementation of new security products and procedures to protect ZOLL data and systems will also be required. Workings closely with Divisional IT to provide hands on management of enterprise security tools and support Divisional technology risk reduction by advising on remediation.
Facilitate Security Breach Response
If a breach has occurred, the Head of Business Information will lead a matrixed team to conduct incident response activities to minimize the impact. Afterwards, they lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. They prepare reports of their findings to be reported to management.
- 5+ years in Information Security
- 2+ years in Risk Management
- 1 or more of listed certifications is desired –
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) or similar certification
- GIAC management, defense, or cloud certifications
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English.
- Strong knowledge of risk management/risk quantification
- Strong knowledge of risk specific to cloud computing technologies, vulnerability management, and application security
- Knowledge of HIPAA, GDPR, ISO27001, is desired
- Working knowledge of anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering.
- Experience supporting adoption of security tools
- Ability to communicate security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong abilities to present in front of peers, customers, and executive teams, both digital and in person
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards, and procedures
- Project Management skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience producing and delivering executive reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment during emergencies.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]e.io