The position will be responsible for supporting the legal team and assist with issues regarding our US corporate operations. To be successful in this position, person must be able to handle both the professional level as well as apply Itamar Medical Legal procedures and regulations in the day to day conduct. The person holding the position will report to our Global Legal Counsel, located in Israel.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review and negotiating commercial contracts using standard template agreements, with limited supervision, including, contracts for the sale or lease of products and for the provision of services, Business Associate Agreements (BAAs in line with HIPPA) and NDAs
- Negotiating a variety of common contractual issues related to standard template agreements and internal standards along with providing interpretations of contractual rights and obligations internally and externally as needed
- Preparation of amendments to contracts, and managing the contract amendment process or addendums to existing contracts
- Ensuring that contracts are executed and centrally stored in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Tracking, filing and maintaining corporate databases
- Review and update SOPs as needed for all departmental contract templates
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical or other healthcare environment is helpful
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Must have the ability to perform as a self-starter with high-level initiative, strong work ethic, and good organization skills.
- Flexible and dynamic – able to work across time zones and cultures.
- Reporting to the General Counsel located in Israel and collaborating with colleagues in the US as well as in other territories. Able to occasionally work over-time/out of ordinary office hours, when needed
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills are required as well as the ability to multi-task. Shift focus between competing demands easily while working under deadlines and attending to urgencies
- Proven ability to learn and adapt in an evolving work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor’s degree or certification as a paralegal preferred
- Experience in contract management, business administration, legal, finance or other fast-paced business environment in a contracting role, preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to sit – perhaps at long intervals of time
- The employee is required to work on computer for long intervals
- The employee is required to talk on the phone for long intervals
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Itamar is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
About Itamar Medical:
Itamar Medical Ltd is a medical technology company focused on the development, marketing and sales of diagnostic products based on its proprietary PAT platform technology, developed by a team of leading clinicians in sleep medicine and cardiology together with biomedical engineers and physicists.
WatchPAT is an FDA- cleared portable diagnostic device that uniquely uses finger-based physiology and innovative technology to enable simple and accurate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) testing while avoiding the complexity and discomfort associated with traditional air-flow based systems.
You have a unique opportunity to work with a world leader in the cardiology/electrophysiology medical field.
To apply, click here or contact:
USA Director of HR